Believe Resourcing currently has a number of vacancies available. Whether you’re starting a new career or looking for a change of environment or location, you can browse our available listings below and apply directly.
Job TitleSoftware Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 7 years
SalaryR671593 to R790107
Job Published05 April 2022
Job Reference No.1789504805
How does working at a University that has been ranked as the No.1 public university in Africa and is currently ranked within the top 10% of universities internationally, sound to you?
What does free education for you and seriously discounted rates for your direct family sound? Sound good? The read on!
They are looking for a Developer specialising in Python and who has a deep understanding of Django based in Cape Town
Salary, including benefits is R671 593 to R790 107 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications
Are you an experienced Python developer, with a deep understanding of the Django framework and a passion for building robust, scalable applications? Do you believe in producing high-quality re-usable code following SOLID design principles? Do you settle for nothing less than maximum code coverage in your unit tests? Then, you may be the candidate that we are looking for. The Enterprise Infrastructure and Services division seeks to employ a skilled and dedicated Python developer with strong experience in building scalable applications and APIs, while having a flair for UX/UI.
- Develop infrastructure and services through project work.
- Design, maintain and manage business-critical systems and infrastructure service components.
- Provide highly specialized support for developed systems and infrastructure service components.
- Provide technical leadership for one or more systems and/or infrastructure service components.
Required skills and qualifications:
- A qualification at NQF level 7 in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Seven years’ experience as a software developer of which, at least 5 years must be current and relevant.
- Expertise in Python, with solid experience in the Django Framework.
- Proficiency in at least one other programming language such as C#, NodeJS, Java or PHP.
- Experience in writing unit tests with good code coverage.
- Experience with Linux shell or Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. Ansible).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git.
- Proficiency in Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes and building/deploying containerized applications.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Practical knowledge of one or more of the following: data visualization, pipeline development and cloud infrastructure integration.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence implementations.