Believe Resourcing currently has a number of vacancies available. Whether you’re starting a new career or looking for a change of environment or location, you can browse our available listings below and apply directly.
Job TitleResearch Analyst Swedish and English Speaking
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience1 to 2 years
Job Published18 March 2022
Job Reference No.2453247637
They are more than a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data group. They are Leaders in data and analytics, risk, collateral and processing solutions, capital formation and trade execution. A company that you want to work at!
The job of a Research Analyst in World-Check is one where we appreciate language skills, journalistic approach, and critical thinking aptitude.
Our core is to provide search and analysis through reputable sources related to publicly exposed persons (PEP), companies, and institutions.
The information collected and analyzed supports our clients align with Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations and reduce financial or reputational risk of a missed investment.
SOME OF THE DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Researching reputable media, government, regulatory and law enforcement sources to build and maintain relevant data in Refinitiv applications
- Using open-source research methods to capture information in the public domain
- Identifying regulatory and financial risk such as money laundering, fraud, organized crime, narcotics trafficking, and corruption
- Becoming familiar and staying up to date with guidelines and regulations to ensure accuracy and high quality of delivered work
- Collaboration with globally based teams on shared projects
- May lead and be accountable for straight-forward projects and associated teams
- Provides input to the objectives and goals of the department
- Responsible for managing own time and responsibilities
- Participates in complex projects that affect a Business Unit or regional area
- May train or mentor colleagues
Strategic Planning & Decision Making:
- Sets priorities to meet deadlines; develops plans to meet short-term objectives
- Applies a wide range of policies or standards in straightforward situations
- Identifies and resolves standard technical and operational problems
- Decisions involve interpretation of data, planning own work, or refining the methods and techniques to be used
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Fluency in Swedish as well as English
- Papers to be able to work in South Africa or an SA ID
- Attention to detail
- Research and analytical skills
- Critical thinking, analytical skills, and attention to details
- Organization skills
- Very good use of Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Awareness of the socio-political context of the countries matching your language skills
- Know Your Customer / Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Crime knowledge and experience would be an advantage
Knowledge & Skill:
- Mid-level professional with knowledge in a technical discipline or specialization
- Position for a developing professional building experience in their specialist function
- Good understanding of roles of relevant functional groups in own area
- Suggests process improvement following investigative, analytic, or diagnostic services