Believe Resourcing currently has a number of vacancies available. Whether you’re starting a new career or looking for a change of environment or location, you can browse our available listings below and apply directly.
Job TitleGeneral Legal Counsel
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published03 May 2022
Job Reference No.3847082219
Our client creates technology for financial institutions and businesses to facilitate multiple-channel transaction acceptance. They have been developing electronic payment technology since 1998. Today, they process millions of transactions and have customers in several countries. They are a proven provider of the best-of-breed multiple channel transaction technology. They provide a Payment Gateway that supports multiple-channel card acceptance. Their Payment Gateway is a recognised leader in the provision of an omnichannel solution that allows an acquiring bank to own the last mile of payment acceptance.
Their experience gives them a distinct advantage when meeting the demanding needs of banks and businesses requiring multi-channel transaction acceptance. Their customers agree that their unique products, coupled with their tried-and-tested BackOffice solution and a dedicated team of engineers, have been key to the company's success and theirs.
Their specialist knowledge of transacting in Developing Economies has resulted in the design of innovative and cost-effective solutions aimed at providing world-class services to underserved areas
They are looking for a motivated professional to join their team as General Legal Counsel. If you have experience in the financial services/payments industry - we'd love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate has:
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in legal, regulatory, risk, or compliance in financial services/ payments.
- Knowledge of payments compliance regulations including PCI DSS,
- Knowledge of FICA/AML ( compliance with regard to onboarding of merchants),
- Privacy law and data protection experience.
- International employment law experience.
- Has a Law degree from an accredited law school and is a member in good standing of the Law Society of South Africa or other recognised bar association.
This is a fully remote opportunity - You can be located anywhere as long as it is within a 2-hour time difference to South Africa.